Friday, March 9, 2012

...And They're Off... Day 1

Well,   rain delayed them a day, but today the heavy equipment was out digging basically on schedule.   Honestly it was a little less exciting than I had expected.  

Our PM had called me this morning with a heads up, so I stopped by after work to take some quick photos.   He mentioned that they determined the slope of our yard was going to be 6%, which he said was almost flat but still enough to drain.  This was one thing I hadn't thought of --  some yards apparently need a much more severe slope to properly drain.

And the digging has begun
Construction Driveway
Side view of our corner lot with the neighbor in the background
Closeup of "Our Hole"
I snapped a photo of the next door neighbor (no bricks yet) and the across street neighbor (courtland that just got bricked)
Ravena

Courtland

One last thing to mention.   PM said framing will begin 3 weeks from yesterday -- which is perfect.  I will be out of town most of the next 3 weeks and it would kill me to miss the walls and roof going up.

No comments:

Post a Comment