Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 69 - Shutters and Sidewalks Oh My...

Tons of photos for this one.     Our old house officially passed inspection with no issued (who knew...) so we're in the clear to close 1 week before our new house is done, but we have 2 weeks possession post closing.   So that means I will have 6 days to move.   Any slip to our closing date and things fall apart very quickly.    

Anyway.   Shutters are on (brown) and look great with the brick.   Lots of credit to my wife for the shutters/door/siding selections.   I love they way they are coming out.

Staining is done now, painters were finishing up.  Drywall repair done.  They were grading the lot, tearing out the temp driveway, and scraping for the sidewalks today.   Looks like concrete could be going in soon :-)   I need to email my PM this weekend and stress how much I expect the sod to be in before closing.   I can count 4 houses around me that are done with no sod.  Two were done before they could install the sod because of the cold, but the other 2 have closed in the last 6 weeks, which is inexcusable in my book.   I will either have sod or a FIRM installation date before closing.  And no surveys returned until everything is done.  

Few pics of the back garage side for a fellow blogger below, and a shot of the neighbor's hole in the ground through a dirty window also.

Click on one of the photos for a larger slideshow...

























3 comments:

  1. Thanks for fulfilling my picture request! I love all of them! I noticed that your ceiling is textured in your tray ceiling. Our PM told us that it would be flat. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing all the pics. The house really does look great and there is lots of space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is really coming together nicely. The shutters really make the outside look so much more complete. Love all the space in the basement too!

    ReplyDelete