Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 41 - Lot done but not much to see

Quick run down of the last 2 days.


I emailed the PM with a few items I noticed and a day later they were all fixed.  He really is on top of it whenever I bring something to his attention.   On the negative, I did get a "reminder" that I'm not supposed to be in the house w/o an employee for safety reasons.   I am going to try my best...

  • Plumbing seems to be mainly done.   Maybe a few items left.  Hot water heater isn't in place yet.
  • Guardian did their wiring install today.  I met them there this morning and marked all the drop locations and they were supposed to be done today.  The come back later to install plugs, plates and their panel.  
  • Electricians were there this morning when I met with Guardian.   They were great.   Confirmed locations of a few extra outlets, switches, etc.   The original panel location now has a water pipe above it (Sump Pump drain) which is a horrible idea.   Backup plan was garage wall, which works a lot better for me.  I was going to have to frame around the old location when I finish under the morning room as an office.  Now there is nothing to worry about.   Plus it will be a lot easier to install a generator transfer switch with the panel closer to the outside.   
  • The electricians also helped me out by drilling a hole through a stud above the fireplace.  This will allow me to fish my HDMI cables down to the guardian drop with everything hidden.   Sometime next week I am going to try to do a post on my AV/security/wiring/etc plans.   I basically got the minimum from guardian and I am either going wireless or self install on a lot of it.

2 comments:

  1. I just watched a This Old House video about the generator transfer switch this last weekend. Is this what you are looking to get? (scene 2 in the video)

    http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tv/ask-toh/video/0,,20581468,00.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure that is the exact same one, or a very similar model. My dad just installed one and says it is easy enough. Min the 4 years I have lived here there have been 3 outages of a week or more. I don't have a generator yet, but I'm determined to be prepared at the new house.

      Delete